We wanted to eat something GOOD for dinner.
Mostly because we had a subpar lunch session, which you can read more about here.
We decided to find a restaurant in the mall at Marina Bay Sands since we were already in the area, watching a light show at the Garden of the Bays.
Which by the way is just lights turning on and off.
The light show ended at 9PM so we thought it would be easy as fuck to find a place to dine.
Well how wrong we were. Fucking got rejected by two restaurants as they were full already. FULL at 9PM?
But you know what the say, third tries a charm. Or some shit like that.
And that’s how we ended up at the DB Bistro and Oyster bar owned by world famous chef Daniel Boulud!
Truth be told, I don’t know much about Daniel Boulud.
And frankly, I don’t think a lot of you do. SO, let’s do a quick fact check on this dude:
- He’s french, but doesn’t own any restaurants in Paris (huh?)
- He’s ranked 11th in the world in terms of net worth, as per daily meal
- His most famous restaurant is Daniel in New York, a Michelin 2 star restaurant
- He was raised in a farm (cool!)
Choi is not a big fan of french food.
Never was, and probably never will.
So thank goodness DB Bistro is a mix of traditional french food WITH American flavors. There is hope for this meal!
Seriously, I was praying quietly inside while we were ordering. Please don’t be a shit meal.
Thankfully my prayers were answered, and Chef Daniel Boulud came through!
- Our first dish was the oysters. We thought this is the best way to start our meal. It made a lot of sense because this is an oyster bar, pretty dumb if you don’t order it if you ask me. Them oysters was pretty damn fresh, but also expensive. think this dish set us back 40SGD which is a LOT of fucking money.
- These clams were Life Boss’ main dish. It smelled very good, and Life Boss said it TASTED good too. GOOD! Happy life boss means Choi can eat in peace! (by the way, I suck at taking close up pictures. This shit blurry as fuck)
- MY EPIC BURGER. This bad boy is a combination of fos gras + short rib. Damn lethal! this literally melted in my mouth. One of the best burgers that I have ever had! AND THE FRIES! SO GOOD! SO FREAKING GOOD! )(ps – why the hell is the picture so dark? God, I need to learn how to filter better).
- And to end the night off right, we got the lava cake. Because why the fuck not!
Oh man, that burger. I have to comment one more time. This fois gras / short rib burger. it’s heaven in my mouth.
Good Job Chef Daniel Boulud!
I am not a big french food guy, BUT you made a fan out of me! I hope to try your other restaurants in the near future!
Written from Singapore, Pan Pacific Hotel on November 26, 2017