Do you know where the tallest fountain is in the world?
I originally didn’t and that’s because I am not that educated.
But I’ll give you some hints:
- It’s in the middle east
- A country with a lot of oil
- Quite conservative
I guess my hints don’t really help that much huh?
Alright let me give you some more tips. Take a look at this picture, recognize it?
I guess it doesn’t help still.
The highest fountain the world is located in JEDDAH, SAUDI ARABIA!
Truth be told, I did not know I was staring at the world’s highest fountain, because Choi doesn’t do his damn research before traveling.
That’s how I roll you know?
But Choi, how did you find this place then?
I asked concierge, and he told me to go to the Corniche.
…what the hell is a Corniche?
“It’s like a beach”
Okayyyyyy….look at this shit, does this look like a beach to you?
I DON’T THINK SO!
It’s more like a water front. So please do not misguide your guests Mr. Concierge!
Facts about the fountain.
I guess this would be a super dumb post if I don’t list some facts out for you right? Okay, let’s see what the internet says:
- The fountain is called King Fahd’s Fountain
- Fountain was doncated by King Fahd – duh
- Maximum height is about 260 meters (853 ft) – seems like wikipedia cannot confirm this though
- King Fahd fountain is located in the 30 KM coastal Corniche which houses a lot of resorts.
- The fountain uses water from the red sea
- Over 500 high-intensity spotlights were used – That is a shit load of spot lights
- The fountain starts spewing water at 6PM – I didn’t know this, almost fucking missed that damn show
- Finally, this fountain is located in the Jeddah Corniche – More pictures of the Corniche will be posted later, hope I remember to link it here!)
I began to take some damn artistic photos.
Look at those sexy filters haha.
Original photos were quite dark, so I said fuck it, let’s add black and white filters to it.
What? I can filter whatever I want, however I want.
Loved my two hour relaxing walk by the Corniche. Walking like a boss with my emo music blasting into my ear.
Saw a lot of locals just chilling too. Yes Saudi Arabia is a conservative country, but people here still know how to have a good time!
Written from Jeddah, Le Meridien on February 19, 2017