Have you ever seen this delicious dish in Chinese restaurants?
These are we called a steamed minced pork dish.
It’s fucking GOOD and YUM!
Choi, this is some random ass post. You are blogging about Minced Meat Pork?
Yes, you have a problem with that?
This post is mainly influenced from our meal at Meat Pie Gor,a restaurant we have wanted to try for a very, very long time.
A restaurant that specializes in Minced Pork? You know I have to do some research on this!
About Steamed Minced Meat
Went on the internet and got some facts:
- Per the wikipedia, no one knows where this dish came from, though some say it was from Guangdong
- This is a popular homemade dish, and a major characteristic is that you have to pound the hand minced pork to get that texture
- Cantonese people like this dish because it goes well with rice – yes I can attest to that.
- The dish typically contains fat and lean meat in a 1:2 ratio
- The fat is needed to add moisture to the dish
- Salted fish, chestnuts and mushrooms are common additions
- You can cook this via a rice cooker
- This dish roughly contains 22 g of carbohydrates, 7.7 g of protein, 21 mg of cholesterol, 4g of sugar
Man, just reading about this damn delicious is making me hungry.
We went to Meat Pie Gor for some damn delicious minced pork!
- Life boss got the minced pork with the salted egg. She said it was okay, so take her word for it!
- My minced pork. With chinese sausages. Not sure what I liked more, the pork dish or the chinese sausages. LOVE Chinese sausages -> insert dirty joke here.
Was that all we ate?
Of course not!
- Vegetables. Mmmm yeah.
- I love this spicy chicken dish. Also another favorite of mine at this damn good restaurant.
The minced pork was damn delicious.
That’s my conclusion.
You got a repeat customer in me!
All hail steamed minced pork!
Written from Toronto, Home on February 14, 2018
Categories: Hong Kong