One day in Seoul, my friend said the most ridiculous thing to me.
Choi – I want to go to the Kakao Friends Museum.
What the fuck is Kakao friends?
Why the hell are they so popular?
Let me google what this is.
“Kakao Friends are featured characters based on KakaoTalk emoticons”.
They are just emoticons in an chat app!?
AND THEY HAVE A MUSEUM FOR THIS?
They also have a store that sells Kakao Friends Merchandise…..
What the fuck is this world coming too..
I tried to gather more information about Kakao friends.
There are 8 characters (I really don’t care)
- Muzi is curious and playful. Muzi is also a radish that is in rabbit clothes… – what the fuck
- Con is a crocodile that raised Muzi – amazed he didn’t her (I assume Muzi is a girl)
- Apeach has the setting of escaping from a peach tree after learning that he became monoecious due to a genetic modification – this is straight from wikipedia. I don’t even know where to start with this character.
- Jay-G is an agent after Muzi’s liver – ….again what the fuck
- Frodo is a rich dog – okay.
- Neo is a cat, who is the lover of Frodo – this is getting ridiculous
- Tube is a weak duck, who turns into a crazy green duck and spits fire when is angry or scared – so he’s like psyduck the pokemon
- Ryan looks like a bear but is really a lion without an mane – ………
I can’t believe I stuffed my brain with this useless information.
I can’t believe I spent 15 minutes reading up about Kakao friends.
So Choi, did you end up going to the museum?
Yes he did.
*Choi enters museum entrance.
Friendly Museum Worker: “3000KRW please“.
I HAVE TO PAY TO GET IN?!
*10 seconds later, Choi hands over 3000KRW and enters into Kakao Friends Museum.
Why does my friend like this shit?
It will forever be a mystery.
But I came, I paid, I saw some art, and I got the fuck out.
I guess if you are a big fan of these emoticons then it’s worth a visit.
For the record, there was a lot of people here…
I just don’t get it.
I just don’t.
Written from Seoul, Incheon Airport Lounge on May 26, 2018