Yes. We are in the red zone!
Can’t believe I am so fucking happy to say we are in the RED zone. This is the life we lead now, where “red” means to fucking celebrate and go out! And go out we did. Life boss, myself and two other friends was able to locate baby sitters for our baby bosses so yes, it was time to go out on a friday night. Jeez, I don’t remember the last time I went out on a Friday night. So sad.
We opted to try this restaurant called Kiu. Actually, I didn’t realize I went here before with a client. So guess not “try”, but really visit again. Whatever. Because we had to put baby bosses down first, we didn’t start dinner till 830 and thus we were STARVING. Hence, we ordered a lot of food:
- Short Ribs (delicious)
- Tomahawk Pork Chop (I thought it was a steak, didn’t realize it was pork chop, pretty good)
- Tempura (thought it was shrimp, but it was cod i think? I wish it was shrimp)
- Salmon Maki (Life boss gave me shit about ordering this, said we could have made this at home. Yet I don’t see this being made at home?)
- Oshi (torched sushi, I liked it, but preferred the ones from Jabistro more)
- Karage (because who doesn’t like fried chicken)
- Cod (not sure how you one slice of cod but we managed to do that)
- baked oysters (damn delicious)
- Pitcher of beer (because it’s friday)
- Two Dons (because why the fuck not)
It has been awhile since we went out, so maybe that’s why I thought it was an awesome meal.
But shit, I was damn tired by 10.
I am hoping with the reopening of the economy we can go out and eat more now. So that I can actually blog about shit again!
Written from Toronto, Home on February 27, 2021