haha..that’s actually a bad word / phrase in Cantonese. That’s why I love the name of this restaurant. Creativity is lacking nowadays for restaurant names. This one, one of the best that I have seen so far. Okay, that’s enough love for the name Lei Lo Mei. We came here with some good friends, hoping to get some good food, possibly at a reasonable price.
What did we get?
Good friends. Good food. Not reasonably priced =p.
Firstly, we ordered A LOT OF FOOD.
6 dishes plus 2 desserts for 4 people. I was sooo stuffed afterwards. Wanted to sleep right after. Thank goodness I didn’t drink any damn wine, because for sure I would have been knocked out.
Okay so let’s talk about what we ate.
- First up, the pineapple burger. What a creative dish! Man I really miss a pineapple bun. Haven’t had this in awhile. Unfortunately I gave most of it to Life Boss. Really strict on my low carb diet right now.
- Pretty sure this was the meat dish. Unfortunately I don’t remember much anymore..haha!
- Fried fish which was sort of like calamari. Not bad, not bad.
- Ate the noodles dish where you are supposed to drown it with the sauce / soup. I didn’t have it (carbs again), but was told it was average only…
- I totally forgot what this dish was. Ask life boss please.
- The last dish that came was a pretty kick ass chicken stuffed with rice. I didn’t eat the rice inside but the chicken itself was damn super juicy. AND THERE’S A FUCKING ABALONE ON TOP. SHITTTTTTT.
Yes we ordered a lot of food. But because we are damn warriors we ordered dessert as well, which had a pretty cool presentation. Aka they hadded hydrogen gas to it so provided a smokey effect. Cool cool.
OKAY. So food is GOOD. But it was damn expensive. Total bill came to about 2500HKD?
Don’t think I will come back considering I wasn’t blown away by the food.
I am just cheap though so if you like the pictures here then go for it!
Written from Hong Kong, Home on October 4, 2017