Yeet Hay, or Hot Air is related to the Chinese concept of Yin and Yang in your food.
Chinese people have always categorized food into two categories:
“Hot Air” foods:
- Fried food
- Not enough sleep
- A lot of alcohol
- Spicy food
“Cold Air” foods:
- Herbal Tea
The Chinese believe that if you have more hot air or cold air, your Qi (or basically health) is out of balance causing sickness.
I personally don’t know what it feels like to be more “cold”. But I can definitely tell you what having too much “hot air” feels like:
- Sore throat
- Muscles Aches
- Aches all over your body
- Pain all over your body
- Lack of patience due to pain all of your body
Not a big fan of “hot air”. I do scraping and drink a lot of herbal tea, it helps me release the “hot air”.
Unfortunately, there was a period of time when Life Boss had a lot “hot air”.
Basically this amounts to Life boss being angry 24/7, which also means my ass gets kicked 24 /7.
To calm her down, I told her she can choose where and what to eat.
Life Boss: “
OF COURSE I WILL, YOU ALWAYS COMPLAIN, COMPLAIN, COMPLAIN! USELESS!”
I had to strike the above out because life boss read my draft and said “what are you doing!!!!”.
As a man, you have to take this shit.
So with an angry, hot air life boss, we decided to eat at Hamataki.
- Japanese food seems like a good choice for someone with a lot of hot air. Though this fried sausage probably does no good…
- This ham was pretty good. But I don’t think it’s considered a “cold food”.
- This pineapple was delicious. It’s considered a fruit, so I think it’s a cold air food? Cold air food, what the fuck am I talking about?
- Some pancake shit. Nothing memorable.
- Vegetable dish. Definitely a cold air food. Not sure what it is called though…and I am too scared to ask Life Boss what it is again…
- I find salmon always calms me down. Too bad they only gave us four fucking pieces. Argh, now I am getting mad too.
- Eel rice. Not bad. I actually enjoyed this and so did Life Boss.
A popular Chinese theory states that drinking beer or alcohol will help your yeet hay.
And I really wanted to get one for Life Boss.
But she’s been complaining that I have been drinking a lot lately, so I decided against ordering any alcoholic beverages.
I don’t want to set off a volcano!
Written from Hong Kong, Home on April 12, 2018